Google Play is the official digital marketplace of Android, where you can find a large number of apps, games, and other media. It is a built-in service that is provided on mostly all Android devices. It is now known as Google Play Store and formerly, it was known as Android Market. It also provides books, music, movies, and television programs.
These services can either be downloaded or bought from the Google Play Store. It provides a wide range of services of different interests to help you with your day-to-day life. Now, if you are a new Android phone user, you must be wondering how to use this service on your phone. Therefore, let us find the solution to your problem. If you want to play games on your computer then use Google Play games PC.
How to use Google Play
There are two scenarios of using the Google play service. One is you already have the Google Play Store app on your phone, which helps you to directly click on the app to access it, and the second is the app needs to be downloaded on your phone . In case you don’t have the app on your phone, follow the instructions given below.
How to download the Google Play store
- You need to download the Google Play store app from a trusted website, tech blog, or any other technology platform like APK Mirror. Before doing so, check out the latest version of the app on the google play store page by scrolling down to the bottom, where you can find many versions of the app. Go for the one that is most suitable for your android device.
- Go to your phone “security settings”, click on the unknown sources option, and check the box. After that one warning statement will come up which you need to read fully and then hit the ok button.
- Start the installation process of the APK using a web browser
- Your device will show a statement telling you that you don’t have permission to download the APK. Then you need to go to the available settings option then you tick the box under the menu section.
- Click on the APK from the download section of your file browser. A box will show up to ask which app you want to use. In that case, click on “Package Installer”.
- After that, the next page will come where you can finally click on the install button. After installation, the latest version of Google Play Store will be installed on your device.
- Then you need to go back to the unknown sources section in your settings option to untick it.
Log in to Google Play Store
- On your phone, open the Play Store app.
- There you can log into the app by clicking on the “continue with google” option or else you can log in by entering your email id and password.
Installation and update of apps on the Google Play Store
- First, you need to search for your desired app using the Categories section or by typing the app’s name on the search bar.
- Once you find your app, click on it to move on to the next page.
- There you can find an “install” button. Click on it to start installing the app.
- After installation, an “open” option will pop up. Then you have to click on that option to be able to use the app.
- Visit the Google Play store home page by clicking on your profile picture icon on the left top-most corner.
- Go to the “Manage apps” and device option.
- You will notice a list of apps and games under the manage option.
- Click on the “updates available” button. Then you can click on the update button to start the update process.
3/ Adding a payment method to Google Play
- Open the menu by clicking on the profile picture icon.
- Go to the “payments and subscriptions” option.
- Click on the “payment method” option.
- You can add many payment methods like a credit card, debit card, google pay, PayPal, etc., according to your convenience.
- Thereafter, you can follow the instructions which are provided in every step.
4/ Google Play Wishlist
Google Play Store consists of a “Wishlist” option on the top right corner, which allows you to add your favorite apps, games, books, TV shows, songs, and movies to create a list from where you can download, and buy or watch them later. You can visit the Wishlist page by clicking on the Library option present on the home page.
- * First of all, you need to visit the page of your desired app or game, or service.
- * There is a three-dot menu in the top right corner. Click on it.
- * Then you can click on the “Add to Wishlist” option.
- * You can follow the same process while removing an app from your Wishlist, just by clicking on the “Remove from wishlist” option rather than “Add to wishlist”.
How to change Google Play Protect settings
- Click on the profile picture icon to open the main menu.
- Then click on the Google Play Protect option.
- Go to the Google Play Protect settings by clicking on the cogwheel icon present in the top right corner.
- To ensure the proper functionality of your apps, click on the scan button.
- If you want to disable the apps to protect them from viruses, you can do it here.
How to change your Google play store theme
- Click on the “profile picture” button.
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Then go to the General section and click on the theme option.
- There you will find three options named, light, dark, and system themes.* The system theme will adjust the Play Store according to the device’s theme.
Using Google Play is very simple. You can find all of your desired apps and media services in this one single app. It provides you with the best media services by showing the ratings of different apps in the same category. And if you are a new user of this app, then this page is all you need to guide you on how to use the app properly.